Saturday, January 12, 2008

Building new pc for 64bit FreeBSD.

Since my laptop died on me, not much has happened in my FreeBSD world. But now I'm building my new PC, a 64bits PC so I hope I can continue my FreeBSD exploration again soon.

I've been wanting to buy an AMD64 PC, but I only had the financial to do so recently. Currently I only have a few parts with me and I still need to buy a few more before my PC is complete. Currently I have:

DFI LANParty UT RDX200 CF DR motherboard
AMD64 3500+ socket 939 Winchester core

Why 939? Why not AM2? Well, I know AM2 is the standard now but I just like the number '939' :). I went fer DFI LANParty because they have 8 SATA! and 4 can be use with raid 5!. Anyway, this parts is all used, I bought it from lelong.com.my. Haven't tried it all but I believe that it's all working. Hopefully it is because if it's not, it's such a waste.

As you can see, I still have a few more parts to go before my PC is complete. I've been wanting to experience 64 bit FreeBSD fer so long now and hopefully it'll be soon. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...