Monday, November 30, 2009

OpenBSD NC4200: Up and running, online with Wimax & DHCP.

Done installing OpenBSD 4.6 i386. Seems to be ok. I'm using P1 Wimax at home and here's what I did to get my OpenBSD's box online. I tried using static IP, I can ping the P1's DNS server but can't get through non-ip's url (eg: www.yahoo.com). I'm guessing that nameserver is the culprit. So for the time being, I had to use DHCP. I'm doing this by the book so you can head to OpenBSD Networking FAQ to know about it. My Ethernet device is bge0 so I just type:

# echo dhcp > /etc/hostname.bge0

And then after restarting, my OpenBSD box can surf the net. Well with lynx that is. I'll install Firefox later.

So internet is working, now to install packages. Also shamelessly using OpenBSD Packages & Ports FAQ, I just type:

# export PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.openbsd.or.id/pub/OpenBSD/4.6/packages/i386/

As you can see, I'm using Indonesian's OpenBSD ftp server to install my packages. I've install wmii and it's working fine. Kinda missed (and forgot) the environment. All the dependencies packages got installed flawlessly. I love it! corewars is also installed but didn't get the chance to play with it. So, later then.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...