Wednesday, May 22, 2013

5.3 AMD64 X200: Upgrading, the OpenBSD way.

Hi,

Remember 5.1 AMD64: Following -current & Radeon 6.14.3 installation?. Well, I have an apology to make.

The correct way to upgrade is:

1) Copy bsd* and *tgz files for upgrade.
2) Copy the bsd.rd to / .
3) Reboot, then boot> boot bsd.rd . Proceed with upgrade.
4) sysmerge.
5) Upgrade packages.

As you can see, sysmerge should be after upgrading, not before as I've posted previously. Sorry bout that. Yes I used my method from 5.0 until 5.3 without any issue but it's not the official way. It might break the upgrade process.

So, from now on, I will follow the official way.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...