Sunday, July 27, 2008

OpenBSD RDX200: Installed i386 but still no go. :(

I've installed OpenBSD 4.3 i386 in this pc. Installation went smooth. But still, I stumbled unto the same problem yet again. This mind boggling freeze is really something. Urrgghh! I'm really really eager to get OpenBSD running here. I'm thinking about some hardware stuff faileed here. Maybe my Ethernet card? I have 2 Marvel 1Gb Ethernet card here, both built-in but 1 have some bit or error, it doesn't detect any connection. The device seems to be ok in XP but a few weeks ago, it kept on "Connected" & "Unplugged"-ing fer no reason. So it's no longer usable. Anyway, it might not be relevant with the issue I'm currently having, but a bit of hope is better than nothing at all.

I'm currently downloading FreeBSD 7.0 AMD64. Just to test if this problem only affect OpenBSD or not. I heard that OpenBSD 4.4 will be out anytime soon. Maybe the RELEASE will be different than the snapshot I tried earlier? I'll be looking forward to that too. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...