Tuesday, April 14, 2009

OpenBSD NC4000: wmii and xmonad, another tiling window manager.

In my search for a tiling x11 window manager, I'm considering to install Awesome window manager which looks good. Since it's GPLv2, I also found wmii (MIT license) and xmonad (3-Clause BSD License). Xmonad have a multi-head display support whereas wmii looks neat. I want to go for wmii first so I downloaded:

wmii-3.6p1

Which I found depends on dmenu-3.7 so I downloaded that too. After reading the official wmii site, I found that it'll be better if I have libixp-0.4p0 so I downloaded that too. For xmonad, I only downloaded xmonad-0.7 and xmonad-lib-0.7.

I wanna go with wmii first (yeah I thought I wanna try awesome first but wmii license seems more attractive). More on that later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...