Thursday, December 01, 2011

5.0 amd64 K43U: Current status.

Hey,

So far, this is my experience on running 5.0 amd64 using this K43U laptop. The list is what I consider as interesting and somewhat important.

Hardware:
1) Atheros (athn0) wireless works. Using kismet to scan for AP but I didn't test to connect to any yet.
2) Realtek (re0) LAN works like a charm.
3) Haven't tested suspend/resume yet. Soon I hope.
4) Sound works out of the box. Yum!
5) AMD Radeon HD 6310 is not yet supported. My widescreen LCD panel is on 1024x768 on vesa although it should be 1366x768. Still searching for tips on this.

Software:
1) Davmail 64-bit (using FreeBSD's package). Currently still testing as there's issue with java memory error.
2) Firefox works and now I can watch streaming video (youtube etc) inside Firefox! Using gecko-mediaplayer plugin and FlashVideoReplacer extension.
3) Thunderbird + enigmail works.
4) scrotwm using the source (0.9.34). Works great. No crashing on Thunderbird anymore.
5) conky have problem with ${addr} and multicore processor. Read about patch to fix it but I installed from package, not from port so no hope for me yet. Maybe in -current?

Later then.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...