Thursday, December 01, 2011

5.0 amd64 K43U: Firefox + gecko-mediaplayer + FlashVideoReplacer = watch streaming video inside Firefox!

Hi,

Maybe you guys knew about this far longer than me but this post is just a reminder for me. Anyway, here it is.

- Install Firefox
- Download and install gecko-mediaplayer from OpenBSD package.
- Search for FlashVideoReplacer plugin from Firefox's plugin website. Install that.

After FlashVideoReplacer plugin has been installed. There will be an icon on the top right side of Firefox. Click on it and go to Preferences. On the Replacement tab, I choose:

- Preferred method = embedded
- Plugin/MIME type = WMP (application/x-mplayer2)

Then enjoy streaming videos.

Just a while ago I managed to make a mess by configuring the mplayer plugin to use xv in "Right-click video > Preferences > Adjust Output Settings > Video Output". When I open videos after that, the screen is blank but there's sound. To make it worst, right-click does nothing so I can't go to the Preferences again. The solution? go to ~/.mplayer/ and delete the config. Opening another video will reset the settings. Later.

1 comment:

Karl said...

Just testing to see if I can comment on my own blog,.

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...