Wednesday, May 27, 2015

5.7 amd64 X200: Downgraded back to 5.7-RELEASE but accidently clean installed.

Ouch,

This is one of those days. One of those days. I was having problem building libreoffice port in -current. Then found a latest snapshot, I upgraded to that latest snapshot but still having a problem building libreoffice. I didn't remember the exact error but it's related to GCC and lib-java or something similar.

I need to use libreoffice for my office works. So I thought on downgrading to 5.7-RELEASE. Downgraded I did. But failed miserably. I stupidly reinstall the -release. No. Cleanly installed. Yeah. I know. All my files are gone now.

My dotfiles, my data. Ouch. I mean a big OUCH. Yeah I know I should've kept my backup current. It's a stupid mistake on my side.

And now I will most probably start from (near) scratch. What I've learned?

1) Make sure the libreoffice is in packages for the -current version I want to upgrade as building libreoffice in port is a big pain in the butt.

2) Take backup seriously. I mean SERIOUSLY.

Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...