Friday, November 12, 2004

Kopete, KOffice & Krusader

I tried Kopete in 5.2.1 (the last few days of my 5.2.1's life) and ended up freezin it. Somethin wrong with my configuration I guess. Now, Kopete is workin like a charm! What is Kopete anyway? It's a multi-connection messenger program. So now I can use all my Y!M (Yahoo! Messenger), MSN Messenger and ICQ's account in one convenient program. Hurrah!

The new KOffice (KDE Office programs) is said to have the ability to manipulate MS Office's files. So I heard. Tried open up an MS Excel file but didn't succeed. But anyway, the new KOffice suite is better than the last.

Krusader is a file manager resemblin Midnight Commander and Norton Commander. While MC is ncurse (console) based, Krusader is a KDE's addon which is nice to have.

In 5.2.1, the moment you installed KDE, all the addon listed here is ready fer use but now, those programs has been moved from the base KDE installation to KDE addons. I was confused when I saw my KDE was installed with minimum addons and after readin FreeBSD's website, I found out bout the changes. Still, KDE 3.3 is great!

I still can't find screen program. Hmm. Probably in another ftp site. Because my root will work in console all the time, better let him have some usefull ncurse based programs like that. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...