Saturday, September 12, 2015

5.8-C X200 amd64: lib.c.81 not found after upgrading -current, and bunch of others.

Okay, so here I was, updating my -current system. Because, yeah, it's been a while. Fired up my ftp, grab the bsd*, *tgz and all, the usual stuff. Upgraded my system, done changing timezone and sysmerge. All is good. So I upgraded my packages. This is what happened.

Update candidates: xz-5.2.1 -> xz-5.2.1
Can't install xz-5.2.1 because of libraries
|library c.81.0 not found
| /usr/lib/libc.so.78.1 (system): bad major
| /usr/lib/libc.so.79.0 (system): bad major
| /usr/lib/libc.so.80.0 (system): bad major
| /usr/lib/libc.so.80.1 (system): bad major
| /usr/lib/libc.so.82.0 (system): bad major

Ack!. Then I this bunch of warnings like:

Can't install pkg_name because of libraries

Ok. Not bunch. But a lot. I'm guessing that this is about new version of libraries. So, after searching for answers, I found this:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.misc/224817

Whew I'm grateful this is not because of some mistakes I made while upgrading. I even did another upgrade just to make sure. Yeah, so I need to wait for a few days before upgrading my packages. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...