Thursday, November 12, 2015

-C amd64 X200: Using xdimmer to dim the laptop monitor.

Hi,

Great news. I've been using this since I updated my snapshot a few days ago now. This is the utility that I've been waiting for!

xdimmer

http://openports.se/x11/xdimmer

"xdimmer is a small utility to automatically dim the screen when
no keyboard or mouse input has been detected in the configured
number of seconds, and brighten it once input is detected."

What a great battery saver! So, as I'm using ~/.xsession, I just add this line before the execution of my window manager (cwm, what else!):

xdimmer -t 360 &

So, after 360 seconds of keyboard/mouse inactivity, xdimmer will dim my laptop's monitor to the default percentage (which is 5 percent).

Thanks to the contributor! Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...