Monday, November 22, 2010

OpenBSD NC4200: xterm-color + mp3blaster, no go.

I've been having an issue with mp3blaster recently. Every time I open mp3blaster, I can't use F1 to open folder. In fact, I can't use F1 to F5. F6 (repeat) and F7 (shuffle) works ok. I suspected that my ~/.Xdefaults is the culprit and after testing, it is true. This is my ~/.Xdefaults:

!! Xterm Resources
XTerm*loginShell: true
XTerm*termName: xterm-color
XTerm*faceName: Mono
XTerm*faceSize: 9
XTerm*internalBorder: 10
XTerm*highlightSelection: true
XTerm*cursorBlink: true
XTerm*utf8: 1


The culprit is bolded. So I had to change it to disable it by putting ! in front of it. After saving the file, I closed and open an Xterm, start mp3blaster and it can play my audio files fine now.

As for XTerm*faceName: Mono, you should try it if you haven't. The fonts in xterm is much much prettier and nice with it. Just the way I like it.

Before that, I found that my mp3blaster can't find any mixer device and just put Null0.0 in the mixer's panel. After reading OpenBSD's How do I set up an audio server? section, I edited my /etc/rc.conf.local and put:

aucat_flags=""

Then after next reboot, mp3blaster can happily use a mixer device. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...