Thursday, August 25, 2011

OpenBSD NC4200: tmux + vim + xterm 256 color.

Sorry I have to delete my previous post. Surely that was a bit hurried. I should've tested more on the 256 color issue with tmux + vim. Ok, first of all, let's rewind back a bit for the history.

This is the scenario.

My vim's 256 color theme just got the wrong color in tmux than in regular xterm. I have set up MOD+Return in scrotwm to open up tmux inside xterm. When I use that, there's color but my wombat256 theme for vim is very different. If I open xterm, then open tmux, the theme will look as it should be. So I know this have something to do with $TERM env, and I'm searching the man for answer. I will post my ~/.profile with relevant files after I can make vim 256 color work correctly. Later then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you successful at solving this problem? I'm running into the same issue but both TERM and COLORTERM have the same values in tmux and gnome-terminal

Karl said...

masc,

Yeah it's solved already. Please refer to newer post after this one.

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...