Thursday, August 18, 2011

OpenBSD NC4200: scrotwm 0.9.34, no more crash.

Hi,

I wrote previously regarding a bug which core-dumping my scrotwm session (yeah they have a new site for scrotwm). I'm still on 4.8, being lazy to upgrade to 4.9 up till now, so I was left with the only option which is to compile scrotwm's latest version.

So I downloaded 0.9.34 version which is the latest. I put it *.tgz file to a temporary folder. Fingers crossed, this is the steps.

Create /usr/xenocara/ folder.
# mkdir /usr/xenocara
# tar xvzf scrotwm-0.9.34.tgz
# cd scrotwm-0.9.34
# make obj
# make depend
# make
# make install

That's all. If you don't create the xenocara folder, you'll get stuck in "make obj" command. So far there's no crashing when I'm using Thunderbird. Very nice! I didn't test CUPS yet will tell you later. Have fun and oh, Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan!

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...