Tuesday, August 03, 2004

kdeinit.core & ksplash.core dumps

I have a problem last night. I tried to log in KDE usin my normal account id but as soon as I put my id and password in the KDM's box, KDE crash? on the splash screen and the screen turns to console tellin somethin bout kernel failure and it freeze. Ctrl+Alt+F* and Ctrl+Alt+BackSpace didn't work leavin me the only choice of hard reboot. After the reboot, my normal user id can't get in KDE and it seems that everytime I put my id and password in KDM, the KDE's splash screen doesn't appear and the screen turn to KDM again leavin a cycle of endless trial of loggin in. My Alsemo id still can't get into KDE.

My root account can successfully log in KDE and after I browse in the Alsemo's home directory (my normal user's id), I found kdeinit.core and ksplash.core dumps in it. Right now I'm in the office so I can't get the dump's details to publish here.

As the root doesn't seem to have this crash problem, I guess it has somethin to do with some configuration I messed with but I can't remember which one.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...