Thursday, August 12, 2004

Screen: split and create new screen

Ah! I finally found it!. After gazillion trial and errors, I finally found out the use of split command in screen. I didn't know how to manipulate the split screen until now. Take note that ^A mean [Ctrl] + [A] button sequence. Uppercase and lowercase alphabet is important so if fer example the sequence of killin the window is "^A K" (minus the " character), You'll have to hit [Ctrl] and [A] simultaneously, followed by [Shift] and [K] simultaneously. Hope you got that. ^A is the base command to call out other screen specific functions.

In console (what else), fire up screen:

vampire% screen

then split the screen in two:

^A S

This is the time when I got lost, how exactly can I use the lower window? Ah, the answer:

^A [Tab]

Wallah! Now the input block has tabbed to the lower window. Now to create a new screen:

^A c

So there you have it. You can cycle between the 2 splitted screen's window using ^A [Tab]. Now to figure out how to attach a current screen to a new splitted window. The command above is fer splittin a window then creatin a new screen into the newly created window. man screen fer more info.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...