Tuesday, November 09, 2004

5.3 is up and online!

Yes baby! My 5.3 box is up and online. All of the configuration I've listed on my website can be used fer 5.3 without any problem even with the differences of X server/client used (5.3 uses Xorg as default whereas 5.2.1 uses XFree86). Short check list.

1) Custom kernel = OK
2) X Window = OK (Uses Xorg)
3) KDE + Sounds = OK
4) USB Optical Wheel mouse = OK
5) TMNET Streamyx = OK (Well I'm online ain't I?)
6) VESA console (800x600) = OK

So far that's it fer now. Oh take note that I reformatted the current 5.2.1 slice and made a fresh 5.3 install. I'm currently doin some tweakin fer zsh and splash screen to make it like my old 5.2.1 box. Oh did I tell you bout KDE 3.3? I didn't? Well, 1 word fer it. AWESOME! New theme, more stable, nice fonts. Man such eye candies... *drool*.

Todo:
1) Irda (infra red)
2) Nokia 8910i as modem through irda (I registered the GPRS package with Celcom)
3) Learn bout how to keep my 5.3 up-to-date without reformattin (somethin on CVSup etc)
4) Shove XP off fer good...

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...