Wednesday, November 10, 2004

5.3 sound problem solved..

Ah. It's solved. Here what I learned. Puttin snd_pcm_load="YES" won't work because 5.3 now uses device sound. So I open up my custom kernel config file and added:

device sound
device "snd_ich"


Take note that snd_ich is the driver fer my M22ES and may not be the suitable one fer you. After that I recompile the new kernel and wallah! The sound works like a charm! And may I add that the sound is much better than 5.2.1. It's loud! Even KDE's JuK plays my mp3s clearly without any adjustment from mixer whatsoever. Lovely. So now my sound driver is compiled into the kernel and no need to load the modules usin /boot/loader.conf.

I made a mistake on my last post bout splash screen. Use /boot/loader.conf and not /etc/loader.conf. Silly me. Open up /boot/loader.conf and edit:

splash_bmp_load="YES"
bitmap_load="YES"
bitmap_name="/boot/image_name.bmp"


KDE 3.3 is marvelously yummy!

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...