Sunday, March 04, 2007

Fujitsu teamSERVER G770i, my next FreeBSD machine :D

Now I have a new testbed. A friend gave me a server and that will be a new machine fer my FreeBSD need. It's an old server, said to still be in good working condition and by the look of it, it is. It's a Fujitsu teamSERVER G770i. The hard part is finding information about the server. Until now, I managed to get just a document about the server. And here's what I know about that server.

Brand: Fujitsu teamSERVER G770i.
Processor: 1x Intel PII 266Mhz / 512Kb L2, dual-processor capable, intel 440Fx chipset.
RAM: not sure but was told it's 128Mb ECC EDO installed.
Disks: 2x 4Gb Ultra-Wide SCSI, 8x hot-swapped hard-disk bay /w 6 hot-swap module installed (I'm waiting fer the other 2 modules), IDE CD-ROM, Floppy drive, HP SureStore Dat24 backup tape drive.
I/Os: 5x PCI, 2x ISA, 1Mb ATI 264VT on-board vga, Adaptec 7880 dual-channel Ultra-Wide SCSI, Intel PRO 100B compatible 10/100 NIC.

Hmm. Let's see. That's just about it. I'm still searching fer the manual or userguide or something. But because this system is quite old, it's a heck of a pain to find any useful information about it. There's more to know about this machine.

Currently I can't boot the server, probably because the 2 empty hot-swap bay. So no testing as per yet. Good news is my friend will hand me another 2 9.1Gb Ultra-Wide SCSI disk, the 2 missing hot-swap bay and another processor. Hah! Wondering why the heck would anyone give me anything? I'm not sure meself.

So until I can get enough information about the system, I guess we'll have to wait fer the installation. Later.

p/s: If somehow you have any sort of informations or download regarding this specific machine, do leave me a comment or something. It'll be great.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...