Monday, March 19, 2007

G770i: SMP kernel up and running.

Kernel rebuilding has been going well. Mind you I *kinda* sure my SMP is working, but I'm searching fer ways to verify it. Maybe some sort of program or script or something. I'm posting the output of /usr/sbin/mptable here fer my reference. Despite what's written in http://people.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/getstarted.html, the only changes I have to make fer my custom kernel configuration file is:

# Enables Symmetrical Multi Processing
options SMP


I guess because the former website reflects more on FreeBSD 5x series, 6x configuration fer SMP has been simplified. Anyway, I'll try and find more useful website to aid my SMP testing. So more on that later. I'm also posting the SMP-enabled kernel configuration file here. Named SMP-G770IKERNEL (obviously I follow the handbook as close as I can, easier fer newbie like meself.). Later.

Update: I've also uploaded a new /var/run/dmesg.boot and you can download it on the [G770i Files] named 6.2-R - /var/run/dmesg.boot (SMP). Comparing the old dmesg.boot (obviously name 6.2-R - /var/run/dmesg.boot (old)..) and the new one, it shows that SMP is alive and kicking with the new custom kernel configuration. Hah!. Now to test up the SMP, doing some program installation or something.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...