Thursday, February 03, 2005

centericq test, can't mount ad0s2, accidently detached screen session & links www browser.

I've tried messagin via centericq and so far, my YM account is cool. A bit of guessin needed to play with it but so far, it's pretty user-friendly.

Still can't mount the darn Fat32 partition (ad0s2) and it seems that there's a few others who's havin the same difficulty. It's sometin bout bein an Extended DOS partition that's messin this up. More on that later.

I've accidently detached my screen while I'm havin a chat in centericq. And thank God the manual is pretty much complete (man screen) and this is what I do to attach the screen session back.

# screen -list

This is to list the screen session which is currently runnin.

# screen -r [ttyid].[name].[host]

This command is to attach the desired screen which was detached earlier. Fer more info just type man screen.

After a brief search through http://www.freebsd.org/ports, I found out that links 2 is the one residin at /usr/ports/www/links and the old links is in /usr/ports/www/links1. Phew, I got the file right afterall so no need fer me to deinstall it. I've tried out the image viewin capability of links (although you will need some other console-based image viewin program like zgv) and it turn out ok (although the pic is quite pixelated/not sharp). I'll write bout it later (I'm not comfortable bloggin at the office).

Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...