Thursday, February 17, 2005

IPFilter project started.

I've just finished (can't say this is the correct word as I'm still testin the firewall) settin up IPFilter with my 5.3-R. Usin my newbiest approach, I shamelessly took example from the FreeBSD Handbook which is the way to go fer me :). Why IPFilter? Because it's already in the base system. Not to mention that it's covered quite extensively in the Handbook. Oh yeah, my ipf.rules is the Handbook's near-exact copycat :D.

Got some interestin issue tho. The rule I set fer rl0 (my NIC) seems like not workin. I'm takin a wild guess that Streamyx & tun0 got somethin to do with this. What's the problem? Although I copy most of the Handbook's ipf.rules informations (I changed the dc0 in the handbook to rl0 to reflect my NIC), IPFilter log nothin. So like I've said, I guess I have to set the tun0 device usin the same rules just fer testin purpose. More on this later. I wanna reboot to test my IPFilter out. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...