Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Console screenshot taken

Ho boy. This is great. I've just taken some console screenshot usin vidcontrol. This is the packages that you'll need to take console screenshot.

scr2png
scr2txt


scr2png is essential and scr2txt is optional but I just want it to be installed too. After googlin fer some answers, I found out that man scr2png have the clearest information on usin vidcontrol to take console's screenshot. Here's what I do:

#1. Log into another tty (virtual console). Make sure you have the current tty displayin the information that you want to capture.
#2. issue this:

vampire# vidcontrol -p < /dev/ttyv0 | scr2png > screenshot_name.png

Make sure /dev/ttyv0 is replaced with the virtual console you're tryin to capture. Change screenshot_name.png to somethin that make more sense.
#3. The screenshot file will reside on your current workin directory so now try openin it with zgv.

vampire# zgv screenshot_name.png

If the image appears then it's ok. I got 2 console screenshot and I'll upload it to my homepage later. Fer more info:

man vidcontrol
man scr2png
man zgv


p/s: I assumed that your FreeBSD has been set up like mine. Eg. with VESA console and stuff. This is not a howto. It's just a reminder. Later

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...