Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5.1 amd64 K43U: Alpine > UW-IMAP > OfflineIMAP > Davmail > OWA stuck.

1) Install Alpine+ldap, setting up DavMail.

Install Alpine using port with FLAVOR set to ldap. I just referred to my previous post. So this post will focus more on OfflineIMAP and UW-IMAPd side of the project.

1) Install imap-uw2007

read the /usr/local/share/doc/pkg_readmes/uw-imap-2007f and follow the instruction. For me, I vim /etc/inetd.conf and add:

imap stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/imapd imapd
imap stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/local/libexec/imapd imapd


And it's also stated a way to enable plain text login. So I vim /etc/c-client.cf and change:

#set disable-plaintext nil

to

set disable-plaintext nil

You can restart inetd, but I just reboot. Then I telnet to localhost:143.

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 I18NLEVEL=1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS] localhost IMAP4rev1 2007f.404 at Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:27:16 +0800 (MYT)


So far so good. In Alpine I just need to Add Folder collection (S+L+A) with the details:

Nickname: UW-IMAPd
Server: localhost:143
Path: mail/MyCompany/INBOX/
View:


Then after I saved the settings, inside folder list (L) Alpine will ask for my username (same as my OpenBSD's login name) and password (also same as my OpenBSD's password) then I can manipulate my IMAP's INBOX folder. I can add folders, delete etc. So this part is ok.

3) Installing and configuring OfflineIMAP.

I installed OfflineIMAP from OpenBSD's packages. Then I create ~/.offlineimaprc and put the basic as stated in offlineimap.org.

[general]
accounts = MyCompany

[Account MyCompany]
localrepository = Local
remoterepository = Remote

[Repository Local]
type = IMAP
remotehost = localhost
remoteport = 143
remoteuser = karl

[Repository Remote]
type = IMAP
remotehost = locahost
remoteport = 1143
remoteuser = ASIA\karl


Then I run OfflineIMAP by issuing offlineimap. Lo and behold, I got this error:

$ offlineimap
OfflineIMAP 6.3.4
Copyright 2002-2011 John Goerzen & contributors.
Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version).

Account sync MyCompany:
***** Processing account MyCompany
Copying folder structure from IMAP to MappedIMAP
Establishing connection to localhost:1143.
WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account 'MyCompany':
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 177, in syncrunner self.sync()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 235, in sync remoterepos.syncfoldersto(localrepos, [statusrepos])
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/Base.py", line 124, in syncfoldersto srcfolders = src.getfolders()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/IMAP.py", line 303, in getfolders self.accountname, self))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py", line 32, in __init__ self.name = imaputil.dequote(name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/imaputil.py", line 36, in dequote if not (string[0] == '"' and string[-1] == '"'): IndexError: string index out of range

***** Finished processing account MyCompany


Eh. Bah. Something is wrong somewhere. Help....

1 comment:

BSD_daemon said...

Hey wanted to ask you a question what's your email address?? knowledgeispower80@gmail.com

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...