Friday, March 09, 2012

5.1 amd64 K43U: Something about APM.

Hi,

apm is working fine. In dmesg, I can see that my E-450 APU have 3 speed detected:

cpu0: 1646 MHz: speeds: 1650 1320 825 MHz

So I vim /etc/rc.conf.local and add:

apmd_flags="-A"

Basically this is to tell apm to use Automatic performance adjustment mode. So with power adapter connected, the processor will be in full force (1650Mhz) and will lower down to (825Mhz) when in battery mode and scale up/down according to load. Nice.

I will still need to find something about the LCD's brightness though because that's one of the major power-sucker. Will update on this later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...