Thursday, February 17, 2005

IPFilter rules for centericq user

I've solved the problem of my centericq can't log in to ICQ, YM! and MSN servers.

# Allow outbound access to ICQ, YM! & MSN
pass out quick on tun0 proto tcp from any to any port = 5190 flags S keep state
pass out quick on tun0 proto tcp from any to any port = 5050 flags S keep state
pass out quick on tun0 proto tcp from any to any port = 1863 flags S keep state


Make sure that tun0 is replace accordin to your outbound device. Keep in mind that I'm not an expert on IPFilter and my rules might be a loose security. As far as I've test it, centericq is workin fine now.

The /var/log/ipfilter.log file is still empty and I dunno if IPFilter is really loggin or not. Btw, I recompile my kernel with this option:

options       IPFILTER_LOG     # Option to make IPMon (IPFilter loggin) works correctly

Because it's stated that ipmon uses the option to work correctly. I'll search fer some answer bout IPFilter loggin later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...