Tuesday, March 13, 2007

G770i: 6.2-R trial installation, the 2nd encounter.

I bought a box of shiny brand new diskettes. Time to retry the installation process. Currently, there's a bit of a problem. It's the elf32_loadimage error. And it seems that that problem is quite common, even coming from 6.0-R installation. The boot.flp is ok, but the time I put the kern1.flp, the error appears after it reads the floppy. I tried using fdimage from 2 different pc, using the kern1.flp from the ISO I have and a newly downloaded one but the problem is still there. Tried using different diskettes too. The error is like this:

[earlier message skipped]
FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
(root@dessler.cse.buffalo.edu, Fri Jan 12 06:40:38 UTC 2007)
Loading boot/defaults/loader.conf
/kernel text=0x51a2e4 \
Inset disk labelled "Kernel floppy 1" and press any key...
zf_read: fill error

readin failed

elf32_loadimage: read failed
Unable to load a kernel!

\
[irrelevant message skipped]
can't load '/kernel'


Currently I'm reformatting a diskette before using fdimage, to see if the pre-formation of the new diskette is somehow making all this. Tried this and still the same problem persist. Looks like I need to google more on this. Will keep you updated as soon as I found something interesting. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...