Friday, August 06, 2004

Custom kernel is up.

I've just finished compilin a custom kernel. I just figure out that uhci module will detect my usb mouse etc and I have to enable ohci module to make it work. Bad me. I disabled ohci on thinkin that only uhci is needed (blame dmesg output fer that) and I was granted with useless mouse. Neither of my touchpad or usb mouse was functional. Lucky me I still remember the kernel compilin sequence so I quickly enable the ohci module in my kernel config file and recompile the kernel.

I also notice somethin. The 1st custom kernel compilation is the longest. The later will be much more brief and quick. Yeah. Newbie. Damn proud!

KDE work. Now to add sound module by editin /boot/loader.conf:

snd_pcm_load="YES"
snd_ich_load="YES"


More tweakin to make the usb mouse's wheel button and touchpad tappin work later. /etc/X11/XF86Config too will need some adjustment. Yeah, it's all back to square one. Tirin but it's a satisfaction. Right now I wanna play Worms 3D. later.

I hope KDE won't go wacko till I get all the standard tweak adjusted.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...