Monday, August 16, 2004

MC & vim

Still on Midnight Commander:

pkg_add: could not find package libslang-1.4.9 !
pkg_add: could not find package glib-2.2.3 !

Ack. Luckily those files can be found in 5.2.1 CD 1.

How to make vim as default editor. I use Midnight Commander and I've disabled the built-in text editor as the default when editin. The problem is, when I press [F4] (edit), vi appear. So I made .zshenv (zsh tend to have a lot of dotfiles) and added this:

export EDITOR="vim"

So now, my default editor is vim.

[Update]: Well, it's perfectly safe to write those 'export' thingy in .zshrc which is what I'm intend to do. Too many dotfiles can be a mess.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...