Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Wait fer FreeBSD 5.3

I just thought of somethin. I might as well wait fer FreeBSD 5.3 which will be released soon (1st October it seem) and after I grab meself the ISO, then I'll fresh-install it here. But my 5.2.1 info contained in [FreeBSD & Me] section I've been doin in my homepage bothers me. Many of the problem I've encountered are still unsolved and I think those problem I've uploaded might get irrelevant if I switch to 5.3. Doin a fresh install will test out if my own info in [FreeBSD & Me] will help me through it or not. I think I'll make 1 more installation walkthrough on my attempt to install 5.3. The files related to 5.2.1 will still be there and archived.

I found a few tips bout my KDE problem on google.

Rename ~/.kde, use startx, disable kdm in /etc/ttys,
I tried that with no success. KDE still crash and it's gettin worst. I get a few more *.core dumps in my home directory which I can't remember. I guess my method of tryin to solve this specific problem are pretty much more destructive than helpin so it's best fer me to do a fresh install. Why the heck does root can get away with this problem? Seems like there's somethin wrong with some KDE's startup script or somethin. Definitely KDE's fault.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...