Wednesday, August 11, 2004

zsh shell

I added the zsh shell package from 5.2.1 CD and changed my shell to it. But the thing is, I can't find the .zshrc, .zshlogin, .zshlogout and .zshenv anywhere! Ack. Where am I supposed to change the alias etc? I installed it usin sysinstall so I dunno what is wrong. There's no zsh config file in /etc too although it's stated in the man. I'm missin somethin here. Anyway, the shell is nice. I love the text completion tab feature so I really wanna use it. More on that later. I'm usin tcsh now until I can find the answer bout those .zsh* files. I edit the ~/.cshrc file and add alias ls ls -G and the lovely color is there. Nice.

I tried chsh just now and whoa I was lost. Not because of the chsh but because of vi! I never use vi before and I dunno what to do. Thankfully there's a bunch of tty I can use so I login from another tty and man the darn vi A newbie like me still prefer ee. After a while, vi does feel a bit comfortable. Ah, fer now I'll stick with ee. Still learnin the screen proggy and it's been a while since I log in KDE. Console is nice too! :)

Right now I'm searchin fer info on lettin normal user to shutdown the laptop. Hmm. Found it! Drats. I wasn't in the operator group. So that's why I can't mount fd0 and acd0 in my home directory too. Shame.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...