Saturday, May 14, 2005

Fluxbox runnin successfully!

Yeah I got fluxbox runnin now. Very minimalistic window manager. I was starin at it without blinkin fer a while because all I saw was a chrome blank screen and a bar below. I've also installed the sid pack (themes pack fer Fluxbox) and I'll test it later. Here's how installed FluxBox.

su to root. Go to /usr/ports directory. Search fer fluxbox.

vampire# cd /usr/ports
vampire# make search name=fluxbox


The search result will be printed on the screen so go fer fluxbox-0.1.14_2 port which is located in /usr/ports/x11-wm/fluxbox.

vampire# cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/fluxbox

Then it's the time to install it.

vampire# make
vampire# make install


If there's no error printed on the screen, congratulation! You now have FluxBox somewhere in your system. But wait, startx will not load your Fluxbox yet. Create/edit .xinitrc file located in your home directory.

vampire# cd ~/
vampire# edit .xinitrc


And write ' fluxbox ' in the .xinitrc file. Save and close it. Now you're good to go.
Enjoy your Fluxbox! Later.

4 comments:

Umar said...

no luck for me here. The different thing that i did was when at the installation part i typed 'make install clean'. And in .xinitrc i put

exec xterm&
exec fluxbox

any help appereciated

Karl said...

Umarzuki,

You might want to make sure that your .xinitrc is:

exec xterm &

instead of

exec xterm&

Lic. Matias Colli said...

or:

exec fluxblox
xterm &

Matias Colli

Karl said...

Thanks Matias Colli!

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...