Saturday, May 21, 2005

Use gnome_upgrade.sh to upgrade broken Gnome ports.

It's 12:30 in the afternoon and the portupgrade is yet to be completed. It seems that the new Gnome version cannot be simply upgraded usin portupgrade. /usr/ports/UPDATING file mentioned about this (and I was left confused fer quite a while figurin what happened to Gnome upgrade..). Here's the info on how to upgrade the new Gnome 2 correctly.

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq210.html

I have to use an upgrade script provided in that site, named gnome_upgrade.sh and currently, I'm usin it. Got a problem with not enough temporary space in /var/tmp so I added:

MC_TMPDIR="/usr/tmp"

in the script file and mkdir tmp (make directory name [tmp]) in /usr before the script can continue successfully. All my gnome related program are currently broken so this step is essential. I'm currently figurin out on how to answer the questionaires printed by that gnome_upgrade.sh script. Later on this.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...