Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Gimp, Dockapps & GTKSee.

I'm currently waitin fer the Gimp port to install. It's takin quite a while. In the mean time, I'm searchin fer some usefull dockapps (program that can be put as an icon, slit thingy fer Fluxbox) and I found quite a few worthwhile items listed in FreeBSD Ports Collection. Here's a few I'm gettin:

wmmon (system load/performance monitor)
wmnd (application to monitor network stuff)
wmbsdbatt (battery status meter, dockable fer fluxbox)
wmmultipop (pop3 email checker supportin a multiple pop3 account)
genmenu (generating menu fer Fluxbox, Blackbox etc.)

I've successfully put XMMS to the slit (iconize it) and if I want the XMMS slit to start everytime I'm startin Fluxbox, I need to edit ~/.xinitrc. Here's my ~/.xinitrc (shamelessly taken from Fluxbox website:

############## ~/.xinitrc start #############
# Startin Fluxbox
fluxbox & wmpid=$!

# Dockapps fer Fluxbox slit
wmxmms &

# HANG POINT - Wait for windowmanager to exit
wait $wmpid
############## ~/.xinitrc stop #############


Ahh The Gimp is finally installed. And it's workin like a charm. Such a nice work. Now to see if my docked XMMS is functionin.

I installed GTKSee, an ACDSee clone to view images. Nice.

Next installation - Mozilla Thunderbird. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...