Saturday, May 21, 2005

It's FreeBSD 5-STABLE now!

Yup. That's right. I've just finished upgradin my (previously) 5.3-RELEASE to 5-STABLE.

Alsemo@vampire> uname -a
FreeBSD vampire.homeunix.org 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Sat May 21 02:13:49 MYT 2005 root@vampire.homeunix.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VAMKERNEL i386


Now it's portupgrade time (man portupgrade fer more info) so that all the ports I've installed in my FreeBSD will be updated to the latest version. There's an error with fluxbox when I'm tryin to do a portversion -v but after I issue pkgdb -F and type yes to the questionaire, portversion -v doesn't complain anymore. Fluxbox seems to be up-to-date though. Well I'm in console now so it'll be another few minutes or hours till all the ports and required dependencies are updated before I can test Fluxbox. Thank goodness I just installed a few important ports or else it might take far longer. Later.

No comments:

6.5 amd64: Modify existing certbot certificates.

Hi, It's been quite some time eh. As you can see, I still upgrade my OpenBSD system regularly but currently I do not have the time to ...